Photo tour around volcanoes of Kamchatka with Sergey Krasnoschekov
Day 1. Arrival, transfer from the airport to guesthouse. Meeting with participants.
Day 2. After breakfast, we move to Tolbachik volcano, located in 35 km from Kozyrevsk village. Travel time is about 14-15 hours, including possible stops on demand and lunch. We will get to the place by evening, setting the tent camp and accommodation, shooting of the north side of Tolbachik, Klyuchevskoy, Kamen’, Bezymyanny volcanoes at sunset. Viewing of footage, discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Day 3-4. Photo shooting of sunrise within the camp or moving to the lake, located in 1 km from the camp. Breakfast, radial trip light at will (10-15km) and shooting from other points. Lunch on route. Returning to the camp, dinner, sunset shoot. Viewing of footage and discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Day 5. Photo shooting of sunrise within the camp or moving to the lake, located in 1 km from the camp. After breakfast, we break the camp and move to Tolbachik dale. Travel time is about 7-8 hours. We will go through Kozyrevsk village; there will be an opportunity to go to shop, at will. We will have lunch on the Studyonnaya riverbank. Setting the camp in “Dead forest”. Photo shoot shooting and walk around tent camp, dinner, shoot during sunset and twilight. Viewing of footage and discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Days 6-7. Photo shooting during sunrise, if we are lucky, in foggy “Dead forest”. Breakfast. Moving to cones of “North break” of 1975-1976. At will we will ascend to the cones and take pictures of vicinities. Lunch. After lunch, we go to lava flow and cone of eruption of 2012-2013. Shoot of eruption scale, hardened lava, holes and so on. Shooting during sunset and, if we are lucky, we will take pictures of lava rocks, which are not cold, in the cracks. Returning to the camp, dinner. Viewing of footage and discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Day 8. Photo shooting during sunrise. After breakfast, we move to the south part of peninsula. For lunch, we will stop in Milkovo village. Accommodation at country recreation base with swimming pool. Total travel time is 14-15 hours.
Day 9. After breakfast, we move to the foothill of Mutnovsky volcano. Total travel time is 5-6 hours. Setting and accommodation at tent camp at the place called “Vakin’s house”. Photo shooting in the snowy caves and waterfalls in the vicinities of the camp. Shooting during sunset. Viewing of footage, discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Day 10. After breakfast, we move to Mutnovsky volcano. Ascending into the crater (2-2,5 hours). Photo shooting of fumarole fields, moving to glacier lake, ascending to active vent at will. Returning to the car and moving to Opasny waterfall, its height is 80 m. Returning to the camp, dinner, shooting of sunset. Viewing of footage and discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Day 11. After breakfast, we move to Gorely volcano. Ascending to the summit (2,5-3 hours). Shooting of lakes and fumaroles inside the craters of volcano, descending and returning to the camp. Lunch, dinner, shooting in the vicinities of the camp. Viewing of footage and discussion at will. If the weather conditions are good, starry sky shooting.
Day 12. Additional day for a bad weather conditions or other emergence.
Day 13. After breakfast, we break the camp and move to the city. Bathing in “Verhne-Paratunskie” hot springs (optionally), visiting fish market and souvenir shop. Accommodation in the country guesthouse. Russian bath at will. Farewell dinner.
Day 14. Departure to the home.
Photo tour around volcanoes of Kamchatka
Majority of our trips will be held far from settlements. All this time we will sleep in double tent in camps at an altitude of 1000-1300 m. Night temperature can be about 0°C.
Transport on the route:
There will be a special all-terrain vehicle, kind of Kamaz or Ural, with comfortable interior for carrying passengers and luggage.
During the tour, you will need:
1) Warm clothes for night time, tourist mat (ordinary or inflatable) and warm sleeping bag. Thermal underwear, warm jacket and trousers, down jacket, cap. Trekking shoes for radial trips and ascending, a spare pair of shoes (in case of your shoes get wet), slippers. Gloves, you will also need gloves while walking on lava fields and ascending. Sunglasses. If the weather conditions are good, there is no need to worry about day temperature. Swimsuit or swim trunks for swimming pool or outdoors hot springs. Repellent. Sunscreen. Personal hygiene and belongings.
2) Waterproof clothes (jacket and trousers) or cape, rubber shoes in case of the rain and shoot inside the snowy caves. An umbrella will be perfect protection for you and your camera inside the snowy caves.
3) Trekking pole will help you to ascend.
4) Cameras, means for care and supply of accumulators (2-3), the tripod for a sensitive or night photography. Neutral grey gradient filters of different density.
5) You can take your pad or laptop for viewing and backup copying of your material. For charging, we provide a gasoline generator.
7) All ascendings are possible for a man of normal physical condition.
6) There will be voice calls service for customers of MTS, Beeline, Megaphone (astably) during the first three days. MTS will also provide 3G Internet connection.
8) If you have some chronic diseases, please carry all medicines you need with you.
9) Individual medical kit.
10) Flashlight and spare batteries.
11) Depending on weather condition and feasibility of shooting, we can change schedule on the route.
12) Medical insurance of accidental is nessesary! It is not a lot of money, but it can help you to resolve many problems, connecting with bad and unforeseen circumstances, concerning your health!
Price of photo tour around volcanoes of Kamchatka
The tour is for min. 10 persons at least
The price for a group of 10 people is 125.000 rubles per person. If there are more people in the group, there will be a special discount.
If the photo tour is cancelled by organizers for reasons beyond our control (force majeure), total deposits or payment, if you have already made it, will be returned.
The price of the tour includes:
guesthouses and tent camps accommodation, according to the programme;
Hot meal in base camp on the route, lunch boxes during long day excursions and breakfasts in the hotels, farewell dinner, regarding to the end of the tour;
Meeting and seeing-off in the airport;
Registration of the group route in MES;
Translator’s work on the route.
The price of the tour does not include:
Flight to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky;
single accommodation in country and guesthouses;
medical insurance of accidental.